This is barbecue season and coleslaw is the perfect side dish to any grilled food. There are so many advantages to eating cabbage. It’s packed with vitamin C and K and can help improve digestion. So next time you’re invited to a barbecue or picnic consider bringing this coleslaw.
- 1/3 cup vegan egg-free mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp plant based milk
- dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 small head each of green and purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, grated
- Whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the thinly sliced cabbage and the grated carrots.
- Add the mayonnaise and vinegar dressing.
- Toss it all together. Make sure all of the cabbage and carrots are evenly coated with the dressing.
Allow your vegan coleslaw to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. To serve give it a quick, gentle toss.
Serve this coleslaw recipe with the VEGAN PULLED PORK recipe. Yummy!