These crackers are full of healthy ingredients and can be served with hummus, salsa or guacamole. They are easy to make and will last in your refrigerator for a week, but they won’t last that long.
- 2 cups ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons aquafaba
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground flaxseed, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, nutritional yeast, onion powder and garlic salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together aquafaba, oil and water.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix throughly.
- Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto each sheet.
- Cover with another parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the mixture until it is flattened 1/8” in thickness. Do the same for the second mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for approximately 25 minutes. The cracker mixture should be hard to the touch.
- Cool for 1 hour and break up into pieces. Enjoy.
You can use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into desired sized pieces. If you are like me and prefer a more rustic look simple break into pieces.
Try these crackers with Carla’s Classic Hummus
Keywords: crackers, vegan, snack food